VOLUNTEER IN THE RESTORE
The Habitat ReStores in Mission Valley and Escondido offer many volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups. We'll find the task that is perfect for you!
Whether it's an entire day or just a few hours, one person, or a large group, the ReStore is a great place for volunteers to help support affordable housing efforts! Proceeds from the ReStore help build homes right here in San Diego County!
Volunteers can assist in the following ways:
Assisting truck driver on donation pickup routes
Assisting ReStore customers
Organizing and merchandising donations
Light construction projects
For more details about ReStore volunteer opportunities, please read these job descriptions.
If you are interested in volunteering on a regular basis, please contact Rhea Stumm at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 619-283-4663 x140.
Chaperones are required for youth under 16 years of age. Volunteers younger than 18 may not use power tools or work from a height of six feet more more. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have a Minor Permission Form signed by their parent or guardian allowing them to work at the ReStore.
For those volunteers under 16 years old, please contact Volunteer Manager Rhea Stumm at email@example.com for a youth activity.
DAY AT A GLANCE
- Full day (10am - 6pm) and half day (10 am – 2 pm OR 2 pm – 6 pm) shifts are available and are flexible to fit your schedule.
- ReStore volunteer days are Tuesday – Sunday (closed Monday).
- No experience is required!
- The day begins with an orientation and tour of the ReStore.
- Wear closed toed shoes and comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- ReStore warehouses aren’t heated or cooled, so dress accordingly.
- Pack your own lunch and bring a water bottle.
- Tools and safety equipment are provided if needed.
- Learn more about what you can do at the ReStore – and how to do it safely! Please take the time to watch this safety video.